So in the midst of fall semester when I don’t feel like getting out of bed, let alone making food, making something in the slow cooker is definitely the way to go. So, one Sunday, before I headed out to work, I prepared and set this stew to cook.
What you’ll need:
- One packet of stew meat (two if you’re making a whole lotta stew)
- Three potatoes, peeled and quartered
- A carrot, chopped
- Onion, peeled and chopped
- One stick of celery, chopped
- One packet McCormick stew mix
Put all of your ingredients in the crock pot. Add the amount of water listed on the stew packet, then add the mix. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook for three to four hours on high. Make sure the meat is tender prior to serving.
My favorite thing about this recipe? How it smells when you walk through the front door. I would suggest pairing it with some crusty bread and a rainy day. What are your favorite rainy day foods? Let me know below.